Thursday, October 7, 2010

Never have I ever...



YIPES!!

It's been almost two weeks since I posted last!

So, because I'm lamo-bahjamo and didn't get this out sooner, I'm gonna go ahead and post about my State Fair Fun!

Well, because of my best friend's wedding I was afraid that I wasn't going to be able to go to the Great State Fair of Oklahoma this year. HOWEVER my boyfriend is awesome and as we were driving home we had this convo...

B: "What do you want for lunch? IHOP?"
Me: "I donno...mmmm I do know! I want and Indian Taco!"
B: "Do you really? Should we go to the Fair?"
Me: "No... we don't have to go to the Fair. We can go to IHOP I can have an Indian Taco another time."
B: "We can go to the fair if you want."
Me: "OKAY! LET'S GO TO THE FAIR!"

And to the Fair we did go!!


Once inside the grounds we were on a mission! 1. Corn dog. 2. Dan's Indian Tacos!!
We stopped and got Brian a corn dog and then off to Dan's!
Dan's Indian Taco Stand
 Oh. Man. I had waited for so long for the awesomeness that is Dan's. I walked up to the window and said,
"I want one with everything on it! And a jalapeno!" And that, my friends, is what I got!

I couldn't even wait to take a picture before diving in!
After we stuffed ourselves full of Corn Dog and Indian Taco, we started our trip around the grounds.
I was fine going to the Auto Show (I saw a Honda Element & I want one!! Silver, please) and other buildings, but my FAVORITE is the Made in Oklahoma Building. It's my favorite place to go and see all sorts of vendors from around OK and learn what's new. And to be totally honest, I love the OK made wine.

After walking around we decided it was time for some rides. The Ferris Wheel was a must... except we chose the janky one that had me a little frightened. But it was a lovely ride...
Atop the Ferris Wheel
 And the view was awesome!
Not only is it a great view of the Fair, but you can see the City in the background!
--Side bar... did you know that there was the "World's Smallest Horse" at the Fair this year?? I was super curious, but I feel like it's a little cruel to charge to see a poor animal that couldn't help that it was born tiny. --

After riding the Ferris Wheel we decided on something a little more scary...
It wasn't the best idea...
Maybe if we hadn't spent the whole night before partying it up for free at the Skirvin it wouldn't have been so bad.
Just so you're warned: The Space Roller is dangerous, but fun. That is, if you like the being flipped upside down, backwards and plunging head first into a crowd.
Never have I ever wanted to throw up at the Fair-until after riding this ride.

Space Roller- beware!
I really wanted a Chocolate Covered Foot Long Rice Krispie Treat On A Stick... but after riding that ride and eating a IT... I just didn't think my body could handle it.  So we walked around a bit more and enjoyed the lovely weather and then departed.  On our way out we got to walk by my favorite view of the Fairgrounds.
Spirit of Oklahoma Plaza- In celebration of Oklahoma's Centennial
I was super happy that I actually got to go to the Fair this year when I didn't think I was going to.
I can't wait for next year when maybe we can re-live our Fair time of 2 years ago and my best friend and her now husband can join us and he and I can sing "Big Green Tractor" at the top of our lungs... Maybe...


1 comment:

  1. Dani - thanks for 'going to the fair' for me. i remember once in junior high i went to springlake amusement park and my 'date' kissed me on top of the farris wheel - ee! i just saw something that is weird...the RDC link on your front page says we haven't posted in four months...what is UP with that!? love, mams

    ReplyDelete