Thursday, September 23, 2010

Casa de los Milagros

After over a week of not getting to spend any time with my boyfriend and a weekend of complete girl time (that will come in another post) Brian and I finally got to see each other. B drove up from Norman and took me out to dinner and surprised me with flowers-- pink and orange daisies!

But this blog is not about how awesome my boyfriend is, it's about my other love. Food. So, on to the good stuff...


Casa de los Milagros


I guess I should say before I dive in, this is my second experiences here, so I will just focus on this most recent time.

The restaurant wasn't very busy, but all the booths were taken.  We originally got asked to sit at a "tall table"... Uhhhhhhhhh, no. I will not sit at a tall table. If I were there just to get my drink on and munch on set-up, maybe, but not when I'm on a date.  I have never really refused a table at an eating establishment, but it was not cool to be asked to get my big butt (in a skirt, might I add) up on a tall bar stool-like chair.   Instead we were seated in the middle of the back room.  I know, romance, right? HA! I know I've been with my boyfriend for a while, but common! In the middle of a room that was basically empty? Why not next to the window? I would have said no again, but I had already seemed slightly snotty, so I didn't say anything.

Our waiter was super friendly and we got our chips and salsa promptly.  We had to ask for a drink menu and waited a little while for it, but they have a pretty large selection.  I ordered the Casa Margarita and Brian ordered the Paloma Margarita.

Paloma Margarita on the Rocks, Frozen Casa Margarita  
The Paloma tasted kind of fizzy, like there was Sprite in it or something, it had and interesting sweetness. The Casa was very tart but all together good. I don't know that just one of them would knock you on your arse, but a couple and you would probably be feeling very pleasant. 

I can't quite put my finger on it, but there is something about their cheese sauce. It's not the most tasty I've ever had, but it's good.  It's kind of thick, and I haven't decided if this is a good or bad thing. The salsa, though not very spicy has a very nice flavor.  Their chips are a little on the salty side for me, but then again, I don't eat that much salt.


It was amazing how fast our food came out! We had barely gotten our drinks and already they were bringing us our food. That has to be the best part about this place, speedy service. 

Chicken Quesadillas, Sour Creme and Guacamole and Sour Creme, Chicken Enchilada, Rice and Beans
The food was hot and tasty! I have to say though, DO YOU SEE THAT SIDE OF BEENS?!? Yeah, I said, side.  GEEZ! It was a mammoth side! Mmmm, but that guac!! Holy cow. So good. And the chicken in the quesadilla was in nice big chunks and the chicken in the enchilada had such good flavor!  Obviously we had plenty left over and I'm glad.

Price point is pretty reasonable for the two of us we spent about $40. That's 2 entrees 1 side and 2 drinks. They do have some pricey-er things on the menu that all sounded really good (ie some AWESOME sounding Margs), so if you're on a tight budget you might want to be wary.

I would definitely recommend Milagros to anybody who is looking for a new Mexican place to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment